On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 03:46:25PM -0700, Alex Wang wrote:
> This series implements a prototype of using Header Space Analysis (HSA)
> for OVS OpenFlow table analysis.  The implementation allows users to find
> all possible output ports with the input header format reachable from a
> specified input port.  It also allows users to check if there is any loop
> formed in the OpenFlow table.
>
> There are two major limitations of the prototype.  Firstly, only a limited
> set of OFPACT_* actions are supported and extending to work with more actions
> can be very complicated.  Secondly, the implementation is in single thread,
> and can take 20+ mins to run on a production setup with ~100 OpenFlow rules.
>
> Since this is a very complicated work, I'd like to post the prototype out
> for high-level discussions (e.g. feasibility, design, multi-threading).

Hi Alex.

I've delayed reviewing this mostly because I've been busy, but also
because I wasn't too sure how useful it would be for most users.  But
OVN might be a really good in-tree test case.  We could even incorporate
it into the testsuite, if it is fast enough (and make it an optional
part of the testsuite, if it is too slow).  Do you have an idea whether
this HSA implementation would be appropriate for OVN?

Thanks,

Ben.