On 12/18/2015 06:16 PM, Justin Pettit wrote:

>> On Dec 18, 2015, at 12:12 PM, Russell Bryant <russ...@ovn.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm only submitting the cover letter for this RFC.  The current state of
>> the patches can be seen on github.
>>
>> https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/compare/master...russellb:python
>
> Wow!  This is awesome.

Thanks!

>> 3) Apply Python style fixes.  I couldn't help it.  This also lets us
>>   run flake8 against the Python code automatically, which can find
>>   some basic bugs.
>
> Have you thought about creating a make target to run things like
> flake8 to make sure we don't introduce regressions?  Are they
> reliable enough that we should run them by default?

I have indeed, or something close.  If you have 'tox' installed, you
just do:

  $ cd python
  $ tox -e pep8

or this from the root dir of the source tree:

  $ tox -e pep8 -c python/tox.ini

This runs automatically in 'make check' if tox is installed.  There's a
new tox.at that runs it.

A 'make pep8' target would be a simple one-liner that runs the above
command.  configure checks for it, so $HAVE_TOX is also available to
make it conditional.

--
Russell Bryant