Dear OVS community,

We have a proposal to add an extension to OVS which makes resynchronization of
forwarding state between switch and controller simpler and faster.

Jan Scheurich is a colleague of mine has prepared a google document describing
the problem statement and giving a high-level proposal.
The document is available at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JBwARjUKDH_r9LK_Zg92WjquAxHrOLcqze1W60rV3j4/edit?pref=2&pli=1

If the community is interested in this extension we would be glad to post our
patch to the mailing list.

There are some open questions, e.g. how to proceed if the resynchronization was
initiated by a controller and the process is still ongoing when a new control
message is coming from another controller.

Your comments and opinions would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Zoltán Balogh