Hi Russell,

Yes, OVN supports provider network type flat and vlan, if use provider
network, the traffic between compute nodes are not encapsulated with STT or
Geneve header, and the provider network is not used for connecting external
in neutron, I think need external network to connect openstack to external.

I am not clear why you said using provide network to connect external, can
the external you mentioned be public network?

BR
Juno