On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:38:05PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> I had to look up EXT-427 to find out what we're talking about.  EXT-427
> extends OFPT_PACKET_OUT in OF1.5 to allow the controller to specify the
> values of arbitrary metadata fields.  Yes, this would be valuable and
> I'd be happy to have an implementation.

        You will need to figure how EXT-427 and NXT_RESUME will play
together, as both may be used to set metadata.
        With EXT-427, it's possible to dela with metadata continuation
entirely from the OXM part of packet-in and packet-out. And because
OXM is extensible, there is further tricks you can play there.
        Regards,

        Jean