On 22 March 2016 at 08:33, Russell Bryant <russ...@ovn.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Guru Shetty <g...@ovn.org> wrote:
>

> > On 21 March 2016 at 16:40, Russell Bryant <russ...@ovn.org> wrote:

> actions=ct(commit,zone=NXM_NX_REG5[0..15],exec(set_field:0x1->ct_mark))

> actions=ct(commit,zone=NXM_NX_REG5[0..15],exec(set_field:0x1->ct_label))

> stateful
> then
> registers in

> >> I seem to recall that you had used 2 registers, but then Ben pointed out
> >> that you could just use 2 bits of a single register.  The next patch
> only
> >> uses a single bit of ct_label, so it could just use another bit out of
> an
> >> "OVN bit flags" register to signal the value of ct_label.
> >>

> > Right. So I will use 2 bits of a single register. I had a quick look at
> > the 3rd patch (and its different versions). So looks like ct_mark will
> not
> > be used? And only one bit in ct_label is used. I wonder whether the
> action
> > setting here in the logical flows should be a macro instead of INT. The
> > macro will signify a single bit.
> >

> That's right.  It's currently only using a single bit of ct_label and not
> using ct_mark at all.  I was just trying add more generally useful
> Logical_Flow support for any future needs.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by using a macro here.  Can you expand on the
> idea?

Macro was probably wrong use of word. I mean to say, something like (very
crude):  ct_commit(ct_label=MARK_FOR_DELETION)

And you are only allowed to set certain values to ct_label and those values
only set certain bits. This will likely mean that we can share the ct_mark
and ct_label better across different features.