I don't think it makes sense to stack replication and Raft-based HA.

Thinking about OpenSwitch, I guess that your use case is something like
this: an OpenSwitch instance maintains, on-box, an authoritative
database instance, and then the replication feature allows that
database's content to be backed up somewhere else.  I see how that
differs from the use case for Raft, where there is no preference for a
particular database server to be authoritative.  What I don't see yet is
how or why that's useful.  What is the use case?

Thanks,

Ben.