On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 7:08 AM, Han Zhou <zhou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, April 8, 2016, Xiao Liang <shaw.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Add new column "ofname" in Interface table to configure port name reported
>> to controllers with OpenFlow protocol, thus decouple OpenFlow port name
>> from
>> device name.
>>
>> For example:
>>     # ovs-vsctl set Interface eth0 ofname=wan
>>     # ovs-vsctl set Interface eth1 ofname=lan0
>> then controllers can recognize ports by their names.
>>

> Hi Xiao,
>
> Could external-ids be used to serve the same purpose? E.g. ovs-vsctl set
> Interface eth0 external-ids:ofname=wan.

Hi Han,

As is in the schema doc, external_ids is used by external frameworks
rather than OVS, assume you probably mean other_config? Do you prefer
this approach because it needn't change the schema?
I added a new column because openflow name is a basic property of
ports, and seems good to align with "ofport" and "ofport_request".
Also it would be easier to show with "ovs-vsctl show". What's your
opinion?

Thanks,
Xiao