On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo
<casca...@redhat.com> wrote:
> One thing that may be seen as a regression is the MTU of those devices. It
> won't
> be IP_MAX_MTU as in latest upstream, but supporting older kernels restrict us
> use 1500 for VXLAN and GENEVE.

Is it possible to detect this and continue using the compat code on
those kernels? (I think it's a pretty narrow range of kernels that
support metadata mode on tunnels but not MTU adjustment.) As you say,
it's otherwise a regression from where we currently are as far as
jumbo frames go and also results in different behavior between tunnel
types and kernel versions.