On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 3:07 AM, Russell Bryant <russ...@ovn.org> wrote:
> The real solution to making this less awkward would be to split the Python
> library out of the OVS git tree so that it can be released independently of
> OVS itself.  That way a proper verison could be released that includes
> Python 3 support.

This would be very nice. There are some challenges to overcome. The
testing infrastructure between the Python and C implementations is
shared. Out of tree it becomes more a bit more difficult to make sure
that they stay in sync both feature and compatibility-wise. My gut
feeling is that it would still be worth the work, though. There's no
good reason for releases of the Python library to be tied OVS
releases.

Terry