>On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Justin Pettit <jpet...@ovn.org> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 12, 2016, at 7:53 PM, Zong Kai Li <zealo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +      <p>
>>> +        which overlay four of the 32-bit registers: <code>xxreg0</code>
>>> +        <code>reg0</code> supplying the most-significant bits of
>>> +        <code>reg7</code>.
>>> +      </p>
>>> +
>>
>> I think REGBIT_CONNTRACK_** defined in ovn-northd will be covered by xxreg0.
>> Since you renumbered MFF_LOG_DNAT_ZONE...MFF_LOG_OUTPUT from
>> MFF_REG3...MFF_REG7 to MFF_REG11...MFF_REG15. REGBIT_CONNTRACK_**
>> which are using MFF_REG0 should be renumbered too.
>
> I'm not sure I understand.  Those registers are that I renumbered are
> physical (used by ovn-controller) and not accessible by logical flows.  The
> REGBIT_CONNTRACK_* are only used by logical flows (in ovn-northd), so they
> need to be in the logical registers that are accessible by xxregX and xregX.
>
> --Justin

Yes, REGBIT_CONNTRACK_* are only used by logical flows, just like
"inport", "outport".
But things are little different, since "inport" and "outport" are
symbols and they will be translated, while REGBIT_CONNTRACK_* are not,
they are "reg0[..]" already, ovn-controller will directly submit them
to ovs.

If a logical flow both use REGBIT_CONNTRACK_* and xxreg0, reg0 will be
called twice, the directly way and the symbol translation way.

Thanks,
Zong Kai, LI