Is the current implementation really dependent on Simon's patch?

I understood that the current implementation is for ethernet+NSH and VXLAN+ethernet+NSH which doesnt require Simon's patch. Simon's patch would be needed for VXLAN-GPE+NSH, which is not in this implementation. Maybe the authors can verify this.

Regards,

Brady