> On Aug 18, 2016, at 8:46 AM, nickcooper-zhangtonghao
> <nickcooper-zhangtong...@opencloud.tech> wrote:
>
> Add "timeout" column in MAC_Binding to support cache aging.
> The ARP/NA cache expiring will be removed and logical router
> send ARP/NS to get IP-MAC binding.

This would be great to fix and is mentioned as a todo item in "ovn/TODO".
Unfortunately, I don't think this approach will work.  It would require that
all systems have synchronized clocks, since each chassis is running its own
instance of ovn-controller.  If one chassis adds an MAC_Binding entry, it's
very likely that a different one will have a different view of the time, so
these entries will have somewhat random lifetimes.  Also, let's say that every
one has a synchronized clock, then they'll all try to modify these same entries
at roughly the same time, which is a lot of wasted overhead.

I think this time tracking needs to be done centrally.  One option mentioned in
the todo list is to add the concept of time to the database itself.

--Justin