Hi Junguk,

On 09/08/2016 05:07 PM, Junguk Cho wrote:
Hi, I used OVS with dpdk.

When I started ovs, I used this option to pin some cores for ovs.
sudo ovs-vsctl --no-wait set Open_vSwitch .
other_config:pmd-cpu-mask=0xf0000000

In my setup, it has two sockets, but with this option, two cores in first
socket shows 100% cpu utilization.
Are you using physical ports?
If yes, are they physically connected to socket1?

In addition, when I created dpdk ring
devices, they are created in only first socket.

Does current version of OVS with dpdk support multiple sockets?
Yes and not, it is supported for dpdk physical ports.
Unfortunately dpdkr ports are only created in the first socket, the code should be modified to create them in other socket. Some time ago I was thinking on a solution for it, but due to DPDK limitations it is not possible to implemented it in a clean way right now.

If you only need to have rings in the second socket, you just have to change the socket parameter in the call to rte_eth_from_rings(), on the other hand, if you need to have rings on both sockets it could be possible to implement a logic based on the port number, something like rings from 0 to 99 are processed in socket0 and from 100 to 199 in socket1.
Of course these are just workarounds that could not be integrated in ovs.
If so, are there other options to use both?

Thanks,
Junguk