Hi Joe;

thks for configuring Hudson. When we were releasing in Incubator, I followed
the following path for releasing OWB

1* Using "mvn release:prepare" and "mvn release:perfom -Prelease" goals. These
actions do the following,
    * Creates a tag in SVN
    * Creates maven artifacts in staging area
        This area is specified by trunk/pom.xml as
        <properties>
          <siteId>/OWB/1.0.0-M3-rc2/plugins</siteId>
        </properties>
And URL is specified by
        <repository>
            <id>apache.openwebbeans.stage</id>

<url>scp://people.apache.org/home/gerdogdu/public_html/staging-repo/${siteId}</url>
        </repository>

2* For deploying zip, tar etc. main distribution, using mvn deploy
    * Checkout tag version from SVN
    * cd "distribution" project folder
    * mvn deploy -Prelease
    * This will create distributions in staging area
         This area is specified by trunk/distribution/pom.xml
       <properties>
          <siteId>/OWB/1.0.0-incubating-M3-rc2/distribution</siteId>
       </properties>

2* Then VOTE
    * If VOTE is successful, I manually copy distribution artifacts into proper
places
      - zip, tar archives into "dist/" location
      - move maven artifacts into m2-incubator-repository

I really do not know how to automate those tasks or do we really need for
automation? Some projects use Nexus Repository for releasing process. Look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896. But I do not have so much
experienced with it.

I would like to release M4 of the OWB in couple of next weeks.

Thks;

--Gurkan