>>>At the time OWB picks up the extension, we will try to add the
javax.faces.bean.ViewScoped.class and the corresponding Context to the
BeanManager >>>-> kawumms, because the ViewScoped.class is not available in
JSF-1.2
Maybe I did not explain it better, but OWB uses JSF2 not JSF 1.2. Look at
"trunk/pom.xml" and "webbeans-jsf/pom.xml". So, there is no such a think
that "it uses JSF2 but OWB does not support it". OWB uses JSF2 API not JSF
1.2 or earlier. But we can still support  OWB with JSF 1.2 runtimes. For
example, we can add some property to "openwebbeans.properties" like

use.JSF2.extensions = true/false (default true)

If developer wants to use OWB with JSF 1.2, it defines
openwebbeans.properties file with "use.JSF2.extensions=false", so we can
disable JSF2 extensions in JSF 1.2 environments.

>>>What about introducing an own 'extensions' module for parts which are not
OWB specific but would also work on other containers?
+1, but this can be delayed. And it requires a bit thinking :)

>>>webbeans-extensions
>>> +- cdi-jsf2
>>> +- cdi-another

I really hate this! We are not implementing JSF2 specs, APIs etc. This is
provided by the JSF2 implementations.

Therefore my comment on JSF extensions is that;
* Write JSF extensions in webbeans-jsf package for the time being. Use
properties scenario (I explained) to disable this extension in JSF 1.2
environments.

Thanks;

--Gurkan