Hi Gurkan!

Thanks for your input. I personally don't think these are really problems, but
let's discuss it.

ad 1): The distribution subproject didn't get used. This module should
effectively get dropped, because we now use the apache-parent-7 which contains
the assembly descriptor Brian, Brett and Benjamin created together with the
board [1]. It creates a full source assembly of all the project (including
submodules which are not released, etc. This is approved by the ASF board since
mid 2009.

2.) For ASF projects, there are no binary distributions usually. All what
counts for the board (see long discussion from early 2009 here [2]) is the
signed source tarball which is available in our release [3]. I'm not sure if it
make sense for OWB to create an uberjar like the openjpa-all.jar. I doubt it,
because we will loose all the benefits of our plugin handling. And all the
other single jars are available (and signed) in the maven repo anyway.

My goal is to use the 'standard' route for releasing maven projects. The reason
for this is that it was really a nightmare having 70+ projects and each uses a
completely different way to build and release.
If you think there should be an additional 'binary-release.zip' artifact
containing all the jars of the released module, then we should forward this
wish to the board and start the discussion over there. Maybe this might be
handy for ant users, but it's _currently_ not mandatory for an official ASF
release.

wdyt?

LieGrue,
strub