> I also took a look in the CDI spec about this, but could only find the
> following from section 2.3.4: "A bean may only be injected to an
> injection point if it has all the qualifiers of the injection point."
> Of course this applies to both producers and thus, yes, it's kinda
> ambiguous.

"When an ambiguous dependency exists, the container attempts to
resolve the ambiguity. The container eliminates all eligible beans
that are not alternatives, except for producer methods and fields of
beans that are alternatives. If there is exactly one bean remaining,
the container will select this bean, and the ambiguous dependency is
called resolvable."

The spec says both producers satisfy the injection point, and does not
allow it to discard the one with additional qualifiers.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com