Yes, I saw your comment. And I think Pete already updated his pull
request so that @Requires now requires the FQCN as a String:

https://github.com/jboss/cdi/pull/52/files#diff-0

Regarding OWB for CDI 1.0: I think the decision that has to be made is
whether a single class that cannot be loaded should be treated as a
fatal deployment error (like it is done currently) or if OWB could
just ignore that class with a warning (like implemented in my patch).
Would doing the latter one have any impact on the compliance with the
spec?

Thanks! :)

Christian