Personally i would expect a kind of proxy based impl since CDI is mostly
interface based so it would always work and enable to switch between models
when needed.

Now I also dont expect we do it before CDI 3 arrives which can be never -
we dont know today.

So do we need anything? Probably not.

Probably let's wait we clarify clearly the status before doing anything.
Today the "vs" sounds emotionnal to me because the option to enrich javax
is still valid and the sanest for users and the community (what would mean
the first message of jakarta being "we drop everything" whereas goal is
long term investment at the end).