Hi Mark

Thread is nit about spec jars. No real challenge there and I think you are
almost fully right, we should just create the new spec jar with the new
version (the almost being we should make them j9 friendly and stop using a
bad naming convention+move to git but that's details).

This thread is about owb. We will need to maintain javax version for likely
few years (Id say 5) and probably dont want to handle multiple branches so
question is: what is the most costly between 2 branches and almost
systematic backports or a one time mapper (with exceptions or not) setup.

Once this maintenance period passed (when ee10 arrives?) we would just move
to jakarta IMHO.

Hope it makes sense.