Hi Romain,

I'm motivated to finish the native part, but at the moment cannot put as much
time into it as before unfortunately, and am therefore not mad if somebody
wants to help out with it. Also, there are still a few issues open with Peeco.
Where do you think we should put the priority? The server showcase was not yet
fully natively runnable in the end. The resulting exe fails to recognize the
server bean that is created by @Produces, even though I've put the relevant
classes into the config files (see the snippet below).

Before going ahead and automating this, it should be able to run natively
without Geronimo Arthur, shouldn't it?

{
    "name": "javax.enterprise.inject.Produces",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "javax.enterprise.inject.Default",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "javax.enterprise.inject.Any",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "javax.enterprise.context.ApplicationScoped",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "javax.enterprise.event.Observes",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "javax.enterprise.inject.spi.WithAnnotations",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "com.oracle.svm.core.annotate.TargetClass",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "javax.enterprise.context.NormalScope",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "javax.enterprise.context.Dependent",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  },
  {
    "name": "javax.enterprise.event.ObservesAsync",
    "allDeclaredFields": true,
    "allDeclaredMethods": true,
    "allPublicMethods": true,
    "allDeclaredConstructors": true
  }

Best regards,
Alex

Am 11.09.2020 14:18 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau : > > Hi everyone, > > Alex did
a great job this summer for OWB implementing a light http server > with a CDI
first API and a basic native-image (graalvm/native mode) > integration. > > I'd
like to move it forward and drop the requirement to write a custom main > (like

https://github.com/yupiik/jira-cli-native/blob/master/src/main/java/io/yupiik/jira/cli/command/impl/internal/dump/Dump.java)
 > to be able to run with native-image. > > My idea is to do a "knight"
(extension) to Geronimo Arthur ( > http://geronimo.apache.org/arthur/) which
will auto configure what is in > the pom
(https://github.com/yupiik/jira-cli-native/blob/master/pom.xml#L202) > and the
proxy dump in a temp folder added to the cp passed to native-image > this way
we would have an owb (cdi se and potentially more ;)) friendly > native-image
mode. > > wdyt? > > @Alex are you motivated to continue what you started? > >
Romain Manni-Bucau > @rmannibucau |  Blog > | Old Blog > | Github | > LinkedIn