Hi,

I've been following up on a problem originally seen in SmallRye Fault
Tolerance and managed to reduce it to a SmallRye-free CDI reproducer.

The issue seems to be around interceptor bindings registered
programmatically through BeforeBeanDiscovery. OWB recognizes the binding
type, but metadata added by the extension doesn't seem to be consistently
followed when resolving transitive interceptor bindings.

The standalone reproducer is here:

https://github.com/TelesNascimento/smallrye-ft-owb-interceptor-binding

The smallest comparison is:

mvn -f cdi-isolation/pom.xml -Pweld test
mvn -f cdi-isolation/pom.xml -Powb test

Weld passes, while OWB fails the transitive cases.

I've reproduced it on OWB 4.0.0 through 4.1.1 and also against current main
at:

c53140ddbbccb4d0c8f82f9fdf683c7193ee4587

There are more tests in the repo because I wanted to check the different
registration forms and make sure I wasn't only fixing the original SmallRye
shape.

I also have a candidate patch there, but before opening a Jira/PR I wanted
to check if this is already known or if there is an existing
issue/discussion I missed.

There is another SE archive scanning problem in the repo as well, but that
is separate and I'm not trying to mix it into this report.

Thanks,
*Teles Nascimento*

GitHub: github.com/TelesNascimento

Reply via email to