Once you've experienced FaaS, you don't wanna go back. This has been my
experience with AI and FaaS.

In particular, running AI inferences in FaaS proved to be a great match:

- Each function processes one request at a time. A model usually takes 1 data
input and produces 1 data output.

- Enough code to fit into a function. An AI action loads a model, runs the
inference, and returns the result.

- In addition, FaaS provides a model to scale to 0 and scale to millions with
the traffic.

With OpenWhisk I think we're very close to make AI Actions a first-class
citizen for developers, and I've created a wiki to explore what it would take
to get there [1].  Coincidently James Thomas also published today his
experience with Tensorflow and OpenWhisk [2]

I'm interested in your thoughts, and see if there's enough interest in our
community to make this a reality.

Feel free to contribute to the wiki with edits, comments, anything you'd wanna
add.

[1] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/AI+Actions

[2] -
https://medium.com/openwhisk/serverless-machine-learning-with-tensorflow-js-4aa24494a9b4