Hi Christian,

given the recent work towards getting logs to a separate store to relieve
CouchDB and to make it possible to move it into a store that's more
appropriate for logging load and some other bits that are already
implemented (removing the DB based polling, being able to disable log
collection), I think it makes sense to be able to disable activation
writing as well! In that sense, yes I do agree on going forward with the
proposal  + implementation.

One thing that has me worried a bit is the way we're handling global,
namespaced and per-action limits today. I'm wondering if at some point
we'll need to consolidate those and make them cascade reliably. For this
specific knob, for example, I think it would make sense to have one at the
system level and on the action/trigger level accordingly. For some of our
limits that might be true today already, I feel like it might not be for
all though (although I admittedly haven't double-checked).

Cheers,
Markus