Hi,

Thank you everybody for you replies.

I understand implementing this directly in OpenWhisk is challenging,
and especially this comment from Olivier:

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 6:12 PM Olivier Tardieu <tard...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...Alternatively, the dynamic creation of trigger-like and rule-like things
> can be pushed to an external system outside of OpenWhisk. This
> addresses issue number 2 and can also help with 1...

makes me think that it's worth looking at how a distinct "state
machine service" can help with that, rather than making complex
changes to OpenWhisk itself.

Maybe that service can be a set of OpenWhisk Actions...that would
avoid having to deploy additional services (outside of states
persistence) while not having to make core changes. At the cost of
some performance probably, but if it's about slow human-driven or
batch processing workflows that might not be a real problem.

I'll think about a minimal prototype that would demonstrate that and
share it here if I succeed.

-Bertrand