Hi Team,

Seeing the recent Weave Ignite announcement [1] I tried to implement a
quick prototype for integrating it with OpenWhisk [2].

So far the results are good and OpenWhisk can create and launch
ignite/firecracker based vm for action invocation. Currently the cold
startup times have few issues due to late binding of node service
within the vm. Also the logs part does not work. However apart from
that other aspects work ok.

It is a promising technology and we can possibly explore it more for
integrating it with OpenWhisk to provide more secure execution
environment.

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://www.weave.works/blog/fire-up-your-vms-with-weave-ignite
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/4556