Hi,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 8:36 PM Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...This is one of the situations where having some sort of proposal
> process can help align the various people and technical considerations
> a bit easier than mailing lists and PRs. There are numerous other
> communities with similar proposal processes (e.g., SIPs for Scala,
> KIPs for Kafka, JEPs and JSRs for Java, etc.)....

One lightweight example is https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss ,
with the process described at [1], basically:

-Create an issue to define the rough shape of a proposal
-If there's consensus, create a Markdown document with the proposal
-Refine the proposal with pull requests
-Set a state on each proposal: draft, implementing, done, canceled etc.

What I like about it is that it captures the history of each proposal
in a single place, with a minimal process.

-Bertrand

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/blob/master/proposals/README.md