Hi all,

We tentatively plan to meet next Tuesday January 24th at 4-5pm PST / 7-8PM
EST. We will have a zoom link sent out on this thread shortly.

As a part of the meeting, we will discuss our meeting cadence going forward
but here is a tentative agenda. This meeting may be split into two sessions
depending on how much we’re able to get through in one hour.

Agenda:

1. Discuss what to do with Akka and if we need to continue outreach to
Lightbend. Apache Pekko is under way, but first release is not yet
available.
2. Discuss if we’re ready to perform a new major release, 2.0.0.
3. The removal of zookeeper dependency for the invokers. The removal of
kafka from execution path can be a part of this discussion as well even if
they are two distinct units of work.
4. Discuss if there’s anything else we can do to improve performance of new
scheduler this year. 1. Have the decision maker consider action concurrency
2. Have two average durations one for cold start init and one for a normal
warm execution. Things along those lines.
5. Discuss if we can add container concurrency to other runtimes
6. Triage any other desirable user facing features. I have the action level
container concurrency limit feature in progress but haven’t had bandwidth
to finish it. There’s the in progress action versioning pr that’s been
almost done for a couple years. Things along those lines.
7. Do a pass through core repo updating all libraries to deal with
transitive security vulns.

See you there,
Brendan Doyle