The mission of ORC is the creation and maintenance of software related
to the smallest, fastest columnar storage for Hadoop workloads

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache ORC was founded 2015-04-22 (6 years ago)
There are currently 43 committers and 12 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 3:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Panagiotis Garefalakis on
2021-02-02.
- William Hyun was added as committer on 2021-04-14

## Project Activity:
The PMC is asking that Dongjoon Hyun become the new ORC VP. I'll add
the resolution to the board agenda.

We've had two bug fix releases (1.6.8 and 1.6.9) in the last quarter.
We're closing down on making a new 1.7 release.

## Community Health:
The community is doing well. The email lists are down a bit, but the
commits, jira traffic, and number of code contributors are all up.