The mission of ORC is the creation and maintenance of software related
to the smallest, fastest columnar storage for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache ORC was founded 2015-04-21 (9 years ago)
There are currently 49 committers and 14 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:2.

    - No new PMC members. Last addition was Pavan Lanka on 2023-03-30.
    - Shaoyun Chen was added as committer on 2024-05-14.
    - Yuanping Wu was added as committer on 2024-05-14.

## Project Activity:
According to our release cadence, we released two maintenance releases
in this quarter and helped other Apache communities use them.

    - 1.8.7 was released on 2024-04-14.
    - 2.0.1 was released on 2024-05-14.

In addition, we are preparing the following milestones for the next quarter.

    - 1.9.4 (July)
    - 2.0.2 (August)
    - 1.7.11 (September)

## Community Health:
In this quarter, the traffic of dev, issues, and user mailing
lists have decreased by 29%, 44%, and 75% respectively.
Activities have been slowing down due to the season.
However, we are looking to return back to normal soon.