On wo, 2010-06-23 at 13:47 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
wrote:
> My question is, however, where the Customer ID accounting goes. Given that
> the
> customer users come from LDAP, I'm assuming their Customer ID must also come
> from LDAP?
>
> One possible future scenario in the Kolab Systems case could be that we
> provide the infrastructure for partner @partner.com to support customer
> @customer.com. I would add the cn=partner-partner.com LDAP group as a member
> to LDAP group cn=customer-customer.com.

Hey! This was not in your initial e-mail, there you just mentioned that
customers working for a partner should be able to see all tickets from
that particular partner.

In the use case you described now, where a partner needs access to all
tickets of customers of that partner, I guess OTRS could need some
improvement indeed. Right now the process would be that you create a
field that holds the different customer id's in the LDAP. This field
would then need to be manually administered.

http://doc.otrs.org/2.4/en/html/x1813.html#multi-customer-ids-ldap

I think that it would be cleaner if OTRS were able to read the contents
for the 'customer_ids' field from LDAP permission groups. Adding and
removing LDAP users from groups is easier, cleaner and better
maintainable than editing a text field manually.

Would that help?
--
Mike