Lars (Cloudera Impala): listen in.
Zoltan, Gabor and Nandor (Cloudera):

   - feature branch reviewed and merged
   - Parquet-format release
   -
      - Define scope

Ryan (Netflix)
Junjie (tencent): bloom filter
Jim Apple (cloud service): bloom filter in parquet-mr? Since they got in
parquet-cpp
Gidon (IBM): encrytpion
Sahil (Cloudera impala, hive): listen in
Julien (Wework)

Status update from Gabor:

   -  Waiting for reviews.
   -
      - Plan to merge this Friday.
      - Please review in the next few days.

Parquet format release:

   - Nanosecond precision
   - Deprecation of java related code
   - Encryption metadata
   -
      - One more pr to merge
      - Plan:
   -
      - Revert the encryption patches and put them in feature branch in
      parquet-format
      - Apply the same process to bloom filters
      - Owner of pr can update it to the feature branch

Encryption:

   - Old readers can read non encrypted columns
   -
      - Changes to metadata
      - One last PR on parquet-format
      - We should have a vote before merging it.
   - Make sure parquet-cpp depends on the source of truth thrift in
   parquet-format.

Bloom filter:

   - parquet-format/62 and parquet-format/99
   - parquet-format/28: should be closed as is outdated. We should port the
   doc to the more recent PR.