"the J2ME CLDC library does the provides support for the
jr6 features like generics, Datastructures like List, Collection,
Set,Map,Iterator. They just can work with Vector, Hashtable and
enumeration."
Did you mean the J2ME CLDC does NOT provide support for...?

The ISO for PDFs is ISO32000, however once you start working with
real-world PDFs, you will quickly realize that many of them (perhaps even
the majority) do not strictly conform to the standard.  We try to handle
these non-conforming PDFs as gracefully as possible, but it can be
difficult, especially if it's a bug in some other software that we haven't
encountered yet.  If you run text extraction on a PDF and don't have any
error or warning messages, it's likely conforming (or at least close
enough that PDFBox can handle it).  When you start testing, it'd be best
to find some small, conforming PDFs with standard fonts.  Once you've
confirmed these work, you can move on to the more difficult test cases.

Also, some PDFs do not contain "text" in the traditional sense.  Instead
they contain images of characters which can not easily be mapped back to
ASCII nor UNICODE.  The only way to extract text from these documents is
to use OCR.  PDFBox doesn't currently have any OCR, so you'll have to
extract the page as an image and then use some other library to do the
OCR.  As always with OCR, your results may vary.  Luckily these are not
that common and seem to be even rarer as time goes on.

We can certainly help you troubleshoot any issues you run into and help
you contribute patches to make PDFBox easily run on Android and
Blackberry.  If you have a choice in the matter, I'd suggest focusing on
Android first since it sounds like it'll be much easier.  It will the
quickest route to having a functioning product and you will be able to
show your employer/investors/customers that you are making progress.

----
Thanks,
Adam