Hello,

We are encountering some errors with pdfbox on a AIX platform. We don't know how to reproduce the problem, neither how to explain it…

The stacktrace here :

java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
at org.apache.pdfbox.io.RandomAccessFile.length(RandomAccessFile.java:83)
at org.apache.pdfbox.io.RandomAccessFileOutputStream.<init>(RandomAccessFileOutputStream.java:52)
at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.doDecode(COSStream.java:300)
at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.doDecode(COSStream.java:221)
at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.getUnfilteredStream(COSStream.java:156)
at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFStreamParser.<init>(PDFStreamParser.java:105) at org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:262) at org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:251) at org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:225) at com.gatetopost.util.pdf.GetPositions.processDocument(GetPositions.java:151)
at com.gatetopost.gestionnaires.[non pdfbox code]

The GetPositions class extends PDFTextStripper and the processDocument is here :

public void processDocument(final File document, final int numPage,
final File tempDir) throws IOException {

final PDDocument doc;
try {
final BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(
new FileInputStream(document), 1024);
try {
final PDFParser parser = new PDFParser(bis);
if ((tempDir != null) && tempDir.isDirectory()) {
parser.setTempDirectory(tempDir);
}
parser.parse();
doc = parser.getPDDocument();
} finally {
try {
bis.close();
} catch (final IOException e) {
LOG.warn("", e);
}
}
} catch (final IOException e) {
throw e;
} catch (final Exception e) {
LOG.error("Error reading" + document, e);
return;
}

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
final List<PDPage> allPages = doc.getDocumentCatalog().getAllPages();

final PDPage page = allPages.get(numPage);
processStream(page, page.findResources(), page.getContents()
.getStream());

}

Can you help me to understand what happen ?

Thank you,