[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-6169?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18121176#comment-18121176
]
Philip Helger edited comment on PDFBOX-6169 at 9/30/26 1:50 PM:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I created a very optimized caching for encoded codepoints (Map from
codepoint to encoded code points byte array) which makes text renderings a bit
quicker than then default version. So personally I would prefer, if you could
simply upgrade the visibility of the method :)
was (Author: phax):
Well, I created a very optimized caching for encoded codepoints (Map from
codepoint to encoded code points byte array) which may text renderings a bit
quicker then then default version. So personally I would prefer, if you could
simply upgrade the visibility of the method :)
> Request to make PDFont.encode public
> ------------------------------------
>
> Key: PDFBOX-6169
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-6169
> Project: PDFBox
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: PDModel
> Affects Versions: 3.0.6 PDFBox
> Reporter: Philip Helger
> Priority: Major
>
> Please make the following methods public:
> protected abstract byte[] encode(int unicode) throws IOException;
> I am using it in ph-pdf-layout for more efficient text rendering.
> To make sure the library works in a module-based environment, I need to get
> rid of the package-private override:
> [https://github.com/phax/ph-pdf-layout/issues/62]
> Thanks, Philip
--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]