[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-6169?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18121822#comment-18121822
]
Andreas Lehmkühler commented on PDFBOX-6169:
--------------------------------------------
[~phax] I'm interested in the fallback strategy, maybe this is something we
could add. Where does this happen in your code? W.r.t. caching, what are the
typical improvements of such a cache?
> Request to make PDFont.encode public
> ------------------------------------
>
> Key: PDFBOX-6169
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-6169
> Project: PDFBox
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: PDModel
> Affects Versions: 3.0.6 PDFBox
> Reporter: Philip Helger
> Priority: Major
>
> Please make the following methods public:
> protected abstract byte[] encode(int unicode) throws IOException;
> I am using it in ph-pdf-layout for more efficient text rendering.
> To make sure the library works in a module-based environment, I need to get
> rid of the package-private override:
> [https://github.com/phax/ph-pdf-layout/issues/62]
> Thanks, Philip
--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]