Thanks :-)
I use pdfbox almost exclusively for rendering (except last week where I used it to find document starts in a mass mailing file).

I've read the FAQs, and as soon as I got everything else running, I'll try to make some small commits. At first, I'm thinking of the bugfix of PDFBOX-1888 (slightly modified).

I'll be careful, I promise!

Tilman