It's not possible to accept pull requests to apache/pdfbox on GitHub as it is a
read-only mirror.

Unfortunately there is no way to turn off pull requests so there are are
several just sitting there open. Turning on the new GitHub features would give
us the advantage of the mailing list being notified when someone creates a pull
request, but we can do little more than tell them to close it and submit a
patch via JIRA instead.

-- John