Hi,

there are cases where a form field doesn’t contain an appearance e.g. when the
form was filled and the NeedAppearances flag in the forms dictionary has been
set. In such cases for rendering an appearance stream needs to be generated.

Am I right that for PDFBox
# we should respect a NeedAppearances flag when setting a fields value so that
we don’t generate an appearance stream in that case
# we shouldn’t generate an appearance stream during the parsing stage if none
exists
# we shall generate an appearance stream if non exists when rendering the PDF

BR
Maruan