From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:thaush...@t-online.de]
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2015 8:34 AM
To: us...@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Subclassing BaseParser?

Am 03.10.2015 um 21:13 schrieb Allison, Timothy B.:

All,

  I'm probably suffering from the same failure that led to
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1678?focusedCommentId=14640370&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14640370),
 but is it possible to subclass BaseParser outside of the oap.pdfparser package?

  The actual subclassing of BaseParser is no problem, but what can I substitute
for SequentialSource, given that it and RandomAccessSource are package-private?

But later in that issue, you wrote that "all is well", so I didn't bother. But
it is true that currently, BaseParser can only be extended within its package,
due to RandomAccessSource and SequentialSource. There's even a netbeans warning
because of that.

[cid:image001.png@01D0FF3E.1BA8B1C0]