Hi,

I'm thinking about implementing some stuff which would most likely require a new major version. Obviously there are some similar things which already came up, e.g. remove some disturbing public constants, switch to java 7 to use twelve monkeys lib.

The question is, how should we deal with that. I see a handful of possible ways:

- switch the current trunk to 3.0 and omit 2.1 (for now there are 3 tickets with "Fix version/s" 2.1 which didn't make it to the 2.0 branch for different reasons)
- create a 2.1 branch based on the current trunk and switch the current trunk
to 3.0
- create a 3.0 branch and don't change anything else. Merge all changes to the trunk once 2.1 was released some time in the future - don't change anything officially, but create a "private" 3.0 branch and merge those changes to a future 3.0 version

What is your opinion? Any other ideas?
BTW: I'd prefer 1 or 2

BR
Andreas