> Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de> hat am 11. August 2017 um 18:36
> geschrieben:
>

> > Am 11.08.2017 um 18:24 schrieb Tilman Hausherr <thaush...@t-online.de>:
> >
> > Am 11.08.2017 um 10:07 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> with PDF 2.0 being available it might be time to start to introduce some
> >> of the features in PDFBox (no rush I think as it will need some time to be
> >> adopted). One feature I would like to discuss if it would be good to
> >> introduce a version support so one could say to save as PDF 2.0 file or
> >> some other version. E.g. one could now use utf-8 encoded text strings
> >> which will introduce issues in readers not supporting that where some of
> >> the other changes like new properties will simply be ignored.

We need to support such 2.0 features as there will be some people who will use
PDFBox to render such pdfs. And if we add that utf-8 support for reading it
shouldn't be that hard to add it for writing as well.
I like Maruans idea to add some version support. So that adding some features
to a pdf could change the version automatically or could trigger an exception.

Andreas