Am 22.08.2017 um 13:41 schrieb Andreas Lehmkühler:
Jörg Henne <j.he...@levigo.de> hat am 22. August 2017 um 13:20 geschrieben:

Am 19.08.2017 um 19:59 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
Am 19.08.2017 um 18:09 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
+1, there is one superfluous "pdfbox". Besides some other minor
things to be adjusted we have to discuss how the plugin shall be
integrated.

IMHO, we should keep it independent, so that we could cut independent
releases of the plugin and pdfbox. Doing so, we have to reorg our svn
repository. We have to create a pdfbox directory in trunk and move
everything to that directory. There will be another directoy jbig2
for the sources of the plugin.
Is there a need to have independent releases? Maybe for existing
levigo clients with support contracts?
Honoring those should not be a problem one way or the other. We can
always cut our own releases under dedicated version numbers, as we
provide dedicated Maven repositories to our customers.
Just to avoid missunderstandings, once the code is under the PDFBox umbrella
only the PDFBox PMC can cut releases. There can't be any outside the project
(with the same maven coords and the same package name). That's the reason why
I'd like to keep it independent so that we can cut a release whenever is't s
necessary.
Yes, I understand that. However, we are neither tied to the particular Maven coordinates nor to Maven central as a delivery platform.

And unless I am terribly confused about the ASL, there's nothing in the license preventing us from shipping our own release, unless we step on the toes of the official one in terms of Maven coordinates etc. On the other hand, building and shipping our own release is something we want to avoid as much as possible and thus something reserved for the rare exception.

Jörg