David E. Wheeler wrote:
Howdy,

I can get Apache to crash with a Bus Error with this httpd.conf:

Worrysome. Can you also do it with Apache/httpd < 2.2.8

LoadModule           perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
ServerName           localhost
ServerRoot           /usr/local/apache2
PidFile              logs/httpd.pid
Listen               80
User                 daemon
Group                daemon
StartServers         2
ErrorLog             logs/error_log
CustomLog            logs/access_log combined
TypesConfig          conf/mime.types
PerlModule mod_perl2
PerlPassEnv PERL5LIB
PerlModule MyConfig

This is MyConfig.pm:

package MyConfig;

require Apache2::ServerUtil;
my $s = Apache2::ServerUtil->server;
$s->add_config([
     'NameVirtualHost *:80',
     '<VirtualHost *:80>',
     '  DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache2/htdocs',
     '</VirtualHost>',
]);

1;

If I comment out the <VirtualHost> section, it works. So there's something about <VirtualHost> sections that add_config doesn't seem to like. I've attached the Crash file created by Mac OS X. I'm using mod_perl 2.04 as a DSO with Apache 2.2.8 and Perl 5.10. Holler if you need more details on my configuration.

Can you get a debug build and get a good backtrace out of it ?