---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ahmed Hussien <aahussi...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: How can we add new keywords to Phoenix?‏
To: James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>

Dear James,

KEYWORD is some kind of properties for an attribute which we added in our
project.
Say for example i want to select the last approved value for a specific
attribute from a specific table, the keyword here is lastApproved so the
query would be:

Select lastApproved attribute from table;

Knowing That I have filters for Hbase the do the selection process, and
that all I want to do is to integrate this to pheonix as an SQL command.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM, James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm not sure what you mean by KEYWORD. Would you be able to share a
> concrete example and use case?
>
> Have you seen our reference guide linked off our website?
> http://phoenix.apache.org/language/index.html
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Ahmed Hussien <aahussi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Good Day...
> > I'm working in a project that requires adding new keywords to the regular
> > SQL statements and we decided to use Phoenix over hbase.
> > I actually have three (3) types of keywords, and I'll Give you an example
> > for them below:
> >
> > 1-  Select (KEYWORD) attribute from table;
> > 2- Select (KEYWORD1) attribute from table1 where ((KEYWORD2)
> > table1.attribute1= (KEYWORD3)table2.attribute2);
> > 3- Select (KEYWORD1) attribute from table1 where ((KEYWORD2)
> > table1.attribute1= value);
> >
> > The Questions are:
> > 1- Which types are supported in Phoenix?
> > 2- What is the most easy way to implement these keywords?
> > 3- Does built in functions support the three types?
> > 4- if you have a detailed guide could you please send it to me
> > ----
> > Thanks and best regards
> > Ahmed
> >
> > --