Hi Krishna,

 I assume you have already taken a look at the example here
http://phoenix.apache.org/phoenix_mr.html

> Is there a need to compute hash byte in the MR job?
   Can you please elaborate a bit more on what hash byte is ?

> Are keys and values stored in BytesWritable before doing a
"context.write(...)" in the mapper?
 The Key-values from a mapper to reducer are the usual
Writable/WritableComparable instances and you can definitely write
BytesWritable .

Regards
Ravi