Github user ndimiduk commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/141#issuecomment-162033375

    > For JSON, is only single level supported? If not, how is nested JSON
handled?

    No special handling is provided. A nested json object will be read as Map
and presented to the upsert statement as such. Since Phoenix doesn't support
maps, an error would result.

    > Looks like lists are converted into ARRAYs which is nice. What happens if
the array elements have different data types? I guess you'd just log an error
and ignore that row?

    Indeed. Or fail the job, if `--ignore-errors` is not specified.

    Pardon me, @JamesRTaylor. Done.

    > Also, please make sure imports don't use * and that their order is correct

    Done.

---
with INFRA.
---