I built phoenix-0.4.7-0.98 from source and I am trying start tephra.
I added

  <property>
    <name>data.tx.snapshot.dir</name>
    <value>/tmp/tephra/snapshots</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>data.tx.timeout</name>
    <value>60</value>
  </property>

To the server's hbase-site.xml and export HBASE_HOME to point the HBase
install. I double and triple checked this.

Yet, regardless of what I do tephra fails to startup and I see this in the logs:

Exception in thread "HDFSTransactionStateStorage STARTING"
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Snapshot directory is not configured.  Please
set data.tx.snapshot.dir in configuration.        at
com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:149)
        at
co.cask.tephra.persist.HDFSTransactionStateStorage.startUp(HDFSTransactionStateStorage.java:91)
        at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractIdleService$1$1.run(AbstractIdleService.java:43)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Has anybody else seen this?

-- Lars