I sent this to James the other day, didn't get a chance to post it on the
JIRA yet:

*I was poking around htrace and zipkin and it looks like zipkin has a jdbc
storage plugin. Might be a nice little piece of work to integrate phoenix
into that - would act as storage for the zipkin collector (rather than
cassandra/mysql) and query interface. It might be nice to just use zipkin's
UI with HTrace spans all the way and rip out our tracing server.*